Shop More Local Community Ambassador - Do you LOVE all things LOCAL? Do you Shop|Eat|Play in our community? If you said YES, we want you!
We’re looking for someone who’s smart, responsible, professional, fun, creative, and a self-starter that works well in a fast-paced environment to assist all staff in a variety of capacities from research to outreach to marketing.
- SML Membership program
– Outreach work, such as occasional tabling at farmers’ markets & community events
- Business Membership
– Outreach management
– Mailings & Digital correspondence
– Data collection and entry
– Update member directory regularly
- General event assistance
- Assist the Executive Director and Marketing Coordinator with daily tasks and special projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Interest in local economic development and alternative business models preferred; Interest in relationship-building
- Excellent inter-personal skills and an energy that attracts others. Intern must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, and be comfortable reaching out via email, phone and in-person to represent Shop More Local.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-regulated.
- Extreme attention for detail and organization.
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office. Student must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively represent the organization on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Schedule & Other
- Ambassador will report to the Executive Director
- Flexible part-time schedule of 10-20 hours / typically falling Monday through Friday, between 9am to 5pm, with occasional special events on weekday evenings and/or weekends.
- Must provide personal transportation
- Gain valuable experience with a Local organization that cultivates an economy anchored in local ownership, because local-independent businesses are the cornerstone of our culture, economy, and Lowcountry character.
- Work with a great team of professionals.
- Meet and interact with SML members and SML partners.
- In office work will be located at the Shop More Local office – 14 Westbury Park Way Suite 200, Bluffton SC 29910.
- Email cover letter and resume to Meredith DiMuzio, Executive Director of Shop More Local with “Community Ambassador – Your Name” in subject heading. Please send PDF files only (no Word docs, please). Feel free to share your LinkedIn, Twitter, blog, a video – whatever lets us know who you are and what you’re all about. No phone calls, please.